Why join the workshop?
The workplace of the future will create opportunities for employees to learn and develop their capabilities through online platforms, webinars, and other digital learning solutions. Companies should invest now in bringing these digital learning solutions to their workplace so they can better engage with their learners, save on training costs, and increase their teams’ productivity and development.
This program is a 5-Day Training and Certification Workshop focuses on practical application of the ADDIE Model for eLearning Development. The program centers around the use of Adobe Captivate as the primary authoring tool and how participants can leverage its features in creating effective digital learning solutions.
• Apply the ADDIE Model in the end to end creation of an elearning solution, from needs analysis, design, development, delivery and evaluation.
• Understand the functionalities of Adobe Captivate and how to integrate those functionalities into the eLearning development
• Utilize and understand tools and features in creating eLearning materials, and other technology that support digital learning.
• Create standalone eLearning materials, by applying development best practices, to bridge gaps in business and training need
Who Should Attend:
Learning & Development professionals. With at least 1 year experience in facilitating adult learning programs.
ADDIE Review | What is ADDIE.
When and Why we use Digital Learning (and when not to use)
Webinars / Virtual Classes | Tools to use, best practices
Digital Games / Gamification | Tools to use, best practices
Managing course attendance & course evaluation |
Other digital collaboration tools –
End of day Deliverable: (Create a course sign-up sheet, evaluation survey, and trivia game online)
Analysis (scoping and entering the elearning ‘need’) - Why, how, and what e-learning solution makes sense.
Design - Storyboard (flow) to script writing, Stakeholder and SME collaboration, Building the outline / flow (deliverable of participants), resource gathering, Learning objectives
Common Types of eLearning
• Content eLearning
o Standard/Classic eLearning
o Simulation eLearning
o Responsive eLearning
• Assessment eLearning
Development - Basic Captivate (eLearning Authoring tool) introduction
• What is Adobe Captivate?
• Features of Adobe Captivate
• Why Adobe Captivate?
Development - Captivate Interface Training
• The Splash Page
• The Top Toolbar
• The Main Ribbon
• The Side Panels
• The Timeline
• Master Slide Function
Development - Captivate Tools Training (Expanding on the Main Ribbon)
• eLearning Interface Tools (Slides and Themes)
• Content Tools (Text, Shapes, Objects)
• Interactivity Tools (Interactions, Media, Record)
• Save and Publish Tools (Save, Preview, Publish) Development - Supported Formats
• Inserting Images
• Inserting Voiceovers
• Inserting Videos
• Inserting SFX
• Inserting other content (PPT, SWF Animation)
Development - Captivate Assessment eLearning Type
• Inserting Checkpoint questions
• Creating a Quiz using question slides
• Creating a Survey using question slides
Development - Activity for the day
• Participants must create their 5 Content Only slides and 5 Assessment Slides which should contain the following:
• Cover Page
• Slide Templates (in each slide)
• Usage of at least 1 interaction activity
• Usage of at least 3 multimedia elements (images or videos)
• Embedded audio (Voiceover, sfx)
• Usage of at least 3 different question types for the assessment slides
Development - Review of Day 3
Development - Captivate Flow of Actions
• Buttons Explored (Using shapes as buttons, assigning scores, assigning actions, changing states)
• Using Advanced Actions
• Branching Slides/Jumping to Slides
Development - Applying the storyboard elements
• Implementation of Text, Audio, Interactions, Images, etc from your Storyboard
• Implementation best practices
Development - Activity for the day
• Participants must begin the development of their certification project
Development - Review of Day 4
Development - Captivate Settings for Export (SCORM 1.2 Compliant
Development - Publish Settings
Development - Finalizing the eLearning and Testing
Certification Activity - Deliverable required by end of training
*Program fee is PHP 20K+VAT
Oct 7 - 11, 2019