Why join the workshop?
Many new managers have to make the transformation in a “trial by fire” or learning on the job as they go. But, the cost to the organization of losing newly promoted managers or unsuccessful transition to managerial roles and demotivated team members are greater than the cost of providing training to help new managers cope, learn, and grow.
The sales performer gets things done mostly through his or her own efforts and develops the habit on relying on self rather that others. The manager on the other hand, get things done through other people. There must be a profound transformation in the way they think of themselves and the knowledge and skillset they must possess moving forward.
Specifically, at the end of the course, the participants will be able to:
Let go of deeply held attitudes and habits and learn new ways of thinking as a manager
Know and clarify role as a manager
Learn to practice the management success principles
Broaden management knowledge and skills
Who Should Attend:
This program is designed to provide new and incoming supervisors and managers with all the tools and the right skillsets to jump-start their managerial careers. The aim is to train high-potential candidates to become high-performance talents recognised and invaluable across their respective organizations.
The highly-interactive and hands-on program will discuss the following topics:
1. Making the leap from individual performer to manager
- Skill requirements - new capabilities required to execute new responsibilities
- Time application - new time frames that govern how one works
- Work values - what people believe is important
2. What do managers do? Ten manager roles
3. Common myths of management
4. Management success principles
- Manage everyday
- Inspire and motivate
- Manage a team - one person at a time
- Create a culture of accountability
- Empower your people
- Track and evaluate performance
- Communicate and give feedback regularly
5. How to run effective meetings
6. Management planning: develop and select goals and ways to achieve them
7. Managerial decision making: decision making steps
8. Basic overview on strategy formulation and execution
9. What’s your personal leadership style
- Leadership assessment & recommendations
*Program fee is PHP 11,800 + VAT
Aug 8 - 9, 2012