Why join the workshop?
This two-day program aims to equip new supervisors and line managers with the effective and engaging communication skills to meet the demands of today’s business environment.
This LeaderShift workshop is the second in a series of four separate but complementary workshops jointly developed by the Inquirer Academy and Salt & Light Ventures:
- LeaderShift module 1: Leader as a PEOPLE MANAGER
- LeaderShift module 3: Leader as a PERFORMANCE COACH
- LeaderShift module 4: Leader as an INNOVATOR
Specifically, by the end of the course, the participants will have been introduced to:
- Interpersonal Communication Keys to Effective Leadership
- The Process of Communication
- Barriers to Communication
- Basics of Effective Writing
Who Should Attend:
This series is designed to provide new and incoming supervisors and managers with all the tools and the right skillsets to jumpstart their supervisory/management careers. They will be given specialised instruction and guidance, as well as an evaluation of their performance and progress through the program. The aim is to train highpotential candidates to become highperformance talents recognised and invaluable across their respective organisations.
The workshop is ideal for professionals who may be regularly required to communicate with others in an engaging or persuasive manner within the workplace setting, or basically anyone who wants to review and improve on their communication fundamentals.
The highlyinteractive and handson program will be divided into 2 parts:
- Part I: Effective Writing
- Almost everyone in the workplace today is required to regularly write such things as emails, memos, reports, or proposals, and although effective writing is an undeniably essential skill in the workplace, writing correctly can often be a neglected skill. Business managers today now see the value of additional training and guided practice, for employees to be able to effortlessly communicate clearly and concisely in order to present a truly professional and competent image.
- Topics: 1) Introduction to Effective Writing; 2) Important Grammatical Reminders; 3) Memos, Letters, Press Releases, and Emails; 4) Critiquing Written Works; and 5) Defeating “Writer’s Block” and others.
- Part II: Communication as an Interpersonal Skill
- This segment will help participants learn the principles and techniques for interpersonal communication for effective leadership. Participants will have the opportunity to develop the confidence and ability to speak and engage with audiences of any size, listen to feedback and instructions with their full attention, as well as mitigate potential barriers to communication. Additionally, they will get to practice how to formulate and transmit powerful and persuasive messages.
- Topics: 1) Understanding Behavioural Styles; 2) Starting With Self-Awareness; 3) Listening and Effectively Communicating; 4) Discovery Through Criticism
Aug 25 - 26, 2016