Why join the workshop?
This two-day LeaderShift program aims to equip new supervisors and line managers with the fundamental management competencies to meet the demands of today’s business environment.
This LeaderShift workshop is the first in a series of four separate but complementary workshops jointly developed by the Inquirer Academy and Breakthrough Leadership. The other modules in the LeaderShift series include:
- LeaderShift module 2: Leader as a COMMUNICATOR
- LeaderShift module 3: Leader as a PERFORMANCE COACH
- LeaderShift module 4: Leader as an INNOVATOR
Specifically, at the end of the course, the participants will be able to:
- Identify their Leadership Challenges
- Define their role and contributions to their organisational goals and vision
- Improve their capability in driving results through people
- Identify personal areas for improvement on Leadership
Who Should Attend:
This program is designed to provide new and incoming supervisors and managers with all the tools and the right skillsets to jumpstart their supervisory/management careers. They will be given specialised instruction and guidance, as well as an evaluation of their performance and progress through the program. The aim is to train high-potential candidates to become high-performance talents recognised and invaluable across their respective organisations.
The highly-interactive and hand-son program will be divided into 3 parts:
- Part I: The Challenge of Leadership
- This module situates participants in their role as leaders who need to meet the expectations of superiors, direct reports, and peers, and what they must be able to do to meet these expectations. The module identifies their functions as leaders and describes the proper mindset and skills required of their roles.
- Topics: Leadership Pipeline, Leadership and Management Overview
- Part II: Managing Work
- This module walks participants through the work process, for a better understanding of how the functions of Planning and Controlling impact their unit’s contributions to achieving the goals of their organization. Emphasis will be on how Results can be secured through proper Planning and Performance Management
- Topics: Managing Work, Planning Activities, Controlling Performance,
- Part III: Leading the Team
- This module focuses on participants’ abilities to influence others and shape the team’s culture. Emphasis will be on the functions of Organizing and Leadership as they contribute to ensuring successful team performance.
- Topics: Leading the Team, Organizing the Team, Leading People, Situational Leadership, Developing People, Rewarding and Motivating People
Aug 11 - 12, 2016